Benefits of a Gas Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters, also called instantaneous or on-demand water heaters, provide hot water only as it is needed. Traditional storage water heaters store hot water for future use, which account for heat losses that cost you money over time.
It is a common process to turn off water heaters during times of vacationing in order to save energy. The same principle applies to tankless water heaters. Why pay for the energy to keep 50 to 80 gallons of water heated when your use of it is sporadic? A tankless water heater will solve that wasteful scenario.
HOW DO TANKLESS WATER HEATERS WORK?
Tankless water heating systems heat water immediately without the use of a storage container. Therefore, they keep away from the standby heating losses associated with storage water heaters. When a hot water tap is switched on, and at least .5 gpm (gallons per minute) of circulation is recognized, it ignites the burner. As a result, the tankless water heater provides a regular supply of hot water as it is needed. Generally, tankless water heaters provide hot water at a rate anywhere from .5 GPM (gallons per minute) to 10 GPM from a single model. If an increased GPM is needed, many models may be joined together to acheive as many gallons per minute as necessary. Tankless water heaters are capable of producing substantially more hot water than storage tank type water heaters.
Benefits to on-demand water heaters are:
- A TANKLESS WATER HEATER CAN PROVIDE UNLIMITED HOT WATER.
- EXPECTED LIFE OF TANKLESS WATER HEATERS IS 20 YEARS, COMPARED TO 10 TO 15 YEARS FOR TANK-TYPE WATER HEATERS.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATERS ARE COMPACT IN SIZE AND VIRTUALLY ELIMINATE STANDBY LOSSES.
- TANKLESS OFFERS CLEANER WATER BECAUSE THE WATER DOES NOT SIT IN A SEDIMENT FILLED TANK FOR DAYS.
- TANKLESS WATER HEATERS ARE 82%-98% EFFCIENT COMPARED TO CONVENTIONAL GAS WATER HEATERS WITH THE HIGHEST EFFCIENCY RATING OF 62%.
- TANKLESS UNITS EMIT LESS CO2 GASSES INTO THE ATMOSPHERE.
- BY PROVIDING WARM WATER IMMEDIATELY WHERE IT’S USED, TANKLESS WATER HEATERS WASTE LESS WATER.
CLAIM YOUR $300 TAX CREDIT TODAY!
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 signed by President Obama on December 17, 2010, extended tax credits for qualifying energy-efficient, residential water heaters and boilers placed in service between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. The structure is similar to the 2009-2010 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, however, the credit amount has changed. Water heaters are still required to have an energy factor > 0.82 or a thermal efficiency > 90%, and boilers must have an AFUE > 95%.
January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
- Contact us today to see if a tankless water heater is right for you.